1. Forecast: Imagine it is 31st December 2016. Take one hour to sit down in a quiet room with a candle and some relaxing music and imagine where you would like to be in 12 months time. What will you be doing? Who will you be with? What does it look like, smell like, feel like, taste like and sound like? Use all of your senses and imagine your ideal life as being your reality at the end of the year. Ask yourself the miracle question if you get stuck: "If you woke up tomorrow morning and during the night a miracle happened and you could do anything, be anything and have anything you wanted what would that look like?". Write your future self a letter telling about all the amazing things that have happened this year.
2. Rate them: Analyse your letter to your future self. Pick up the top 3 things that are most important to you. That resonate with you the most, that get you the most excited, that you feel the most strongly about. Once you have picked three items you can use these as your goals for 2016.
3. Write them down: Take each of these three goals and write a goal statement for each that you can hang somewhere visible you will look at every single day for the next year. First of all write the goal in the future tense as though it has happened, focus on what you DO want not what you don't want (keep it positive), and be precise and set a date. For example, In December 31 I will be the healthiest version of myself, exercising for one hour every day, giving my body the nourishment it needs and weighing in at my health weight.
4. Take Action: Break the big goals down into manageable pieces that you can handle. It may be you set a weekly goal that you need to accomplish in order to be where you want to be in 12 months time. Write it all down, with milestones and don't forget to celebrate your success along the way.
5. Share them: When you embark on a goal setting and dream getting journey you need people by your side to cheer you on and support you especially when the going gets tough. Share the goals with friends, join a FACEBOOK group like Action Women or hire a coach. Being accountable is one of the most sure-fire ways to be successful.
Action Women provides simple, practical and proven strategies and systems that support women to take action.